Madhya Pradesh Transport

Routes

  • Sangli – Sanoli
  • Sanoli – Sangli
  • Sangli – Shajapur
  • Shrirangpur – Sangli
  • Sangli – Shrirangpur

History of Madhya Pradesh

Madhya Pradesh (meaning “Central Province”) is a state in central India. Its capital is Bhopal, and the largest city is Indore, with Jabalpur, Gwalior, Ujjain, and Sagar being the other major cities. Nicknamed the “Heart of India” due to its geographical location, Madhya Pradesh is the second largest Indian state by area and the fifth largest state by population with over 75 million residents. It borders the states of Uttar Pradesh to the northeast, Chhattisgarh to the southeast, Maharashtra to the south, Gujarat to the west, and Rajasthan to the northwest. Its total area is 308,252 km2. Before 2000, when Chhattisgarh was a part of Madhya Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh was the largest state in India and the distance between the two furthest points inside the state, Singoli, and Konta was 1500 km. Konta is presently in Sukma district of Chhattisgarh state. The state is bordered on the west by Gujarat, on the northwest by Rajasthan, on the northeast by Uttar Pradesh, on the east by Chhattisgarh, and on the south by Maharashtra.

Shajapur – Shajapur was recognized at the time of Shahjahan. Observing the natural beauty of this area, Fauj of Shahjahan decided to take a halt here. This place was known as ” Khankarakhedi “. Shahjahan and his fauj liked this place very much and consequently, when Shahjahan became SAMRAT he considered the importance of this place for his Southern campaign. In 1640 Meer Bigo was appointed here as Kotwal. He with Shri Jagannath Rawal prepared four DWARs in four directions. In the center, a marketing center was developed. Consequently, this area was populated gradually and converted into the colony. Surrounding this place a wall was also prepared. Then in respect of king Shahjahan, it was named as ” Shahjahanpur  In Shahajahanpur twelve areas were located named Mariya, Mahupura, Dansi, Muradpura, Vajeerpura, Kamreedpura, Lalpura, Dayra, Mugalpura, Golyakhedi, Juganbadi meerkala. Muradpura was named after Shahjahan’s son and Muradpura and Meerkala were named after Meer Bigo himself. It is said that Chandrasekhar river ( which is now Chiller) was flowing in North direction before but after the establishment of the huge fort and for its safety it was brought from East as a PARIKHA of the fort. So at the time of Shahjahan (1628-1658) Jama Masjid, so many temples etc. were developed. He was very satisfied with developments and he honored Shri Jagannath Rawal by giving Jagger of Moja magariya But at the time of Aurangzeb (1656-1707), this area was totally ignored. After the downfall of Mughal dynasty, Shahjahanpur was brought in the Scindia state in 1732 and so many administrative changes were performed. The name “Shahjahanpur” was now ” Shajapur” in this period only. A beautiful palace in the fort was also developed by Tarabai. In 1904 it was declared as a district.

Call Now ButtonCall Now